Do you want to work for CG? Great opportunity for development facilicator here
Create Glos Development Facilitator Brief
Create Gloucestershire (CG) is looking for an individual or organisation to support the Development Director to achieve our ambitious plans for the sector.
We are looking for someone who can contribute ideas, energy and challenge to ensure we maximize opportunities in a rapidly changing strategic context.
The role of the development facilitator is to:
1. Provide signposting, information and support to individual artists and other CG members.
2. Scope ideas and draft fundraising applications in liaison with the Development Director and/or other CG members.
3. Liaise with CG’s solicitors, who act as Company Secretary, on legal and other matters relating to CG governance.
4. Provide administrative support, including preparation of board papers, internal and external reports, ensuring all documents, reports, funding bids and PR material are professionally produced and coherent with the CG brand.
5. Update projects, opportunities and news on the website on a regular basis, and promote via social media; prepare and send quarterly newsletter.
6. Represent CG at meetings and PR events in the absence of the Development Director.
We are looking to appoint against the following criteria:
A passion to develop artistic talent
A commitment to support and innovate the arts sector in Gloucestershire
A belief in the benefits of collaboration backed up with first-‐hand experience of working in a partnership or within a partnership
Experience of using social media to promote and advocate an organisation
Experience of using website CMS to upload and edit website content.
Experience of writing funding applications to a range of public and private sources.
Experience of producing events
First class administration skills to include minute taking and formatting spreadsheets, reports and presentations.
Budget management (experience of QuickBooks desirable but not essential)
Good communication and advocacy skills
Ability and desire to work flexibly.
Financial Details of the Brief
This brief is offered on a contract basis initially for 1 year, (Jan-‐Dec 2016) with a review at 3 months. The fee offered is £3,000 inclusive of costs.
We anticipate on average 2 days a month to be worked flexibly in liaison with the
Development Director. There is scope for the successful candidate to grow and shape this
role in line with opportunities arising from the portfolio of CG work programmes in consultation with the Director and Board of trustees.
This baseline contract may increase at certain times during the year in response to particular project demands. The ability and desire to provide this additional capacity will be part of the selection criteria. Additional funding will be available for this.
The successful person is responsible for their own tax liabilities and reporting.
The fee is inclusive of travel that may be required within Gloucestershire although any travel required further than the county boundaries will be remunerated at a rate agreed prior to its commencement.
A hot desk office base could be made available in different venues across the county if required.
Pippa Jones, Create Gloucestershire Development Director will provide support and be the main point of contact for this contract. If you wish to discuss this brief please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Please send your cv and a covering letter (no longer than 2 pages) explaining why you are interested in and suitable for this post by 5pm on the 4th December 2015.
Interviews will be scheduled for the 9th December 2015- venue to be confirmed.