Active Gloucestershire Satellite Clubs 2017 - 2019 Funding Round now open
Aims of Satellite Clubs:
- To support those aged 14-19 who are currently inactive to change their habits to become more active
- Create regular habits for young people to be active at key drop off points in their lives
- Develop clubs and experiences which are tailored to the young people’s needs and wants. Involving young people in the delivery of their club
The funding available for Satellite Clubs has no upper or lower limit, it is calculated on a cost per head and value for money basis. However the average cost will be in the £1500-2500 range across the whole two year period. The funding available can contribute towards coaching or delivery costs, venue hire, equipment purchase or hire and towards marketing or publicity.
Based on local insight Active Gloucestershire have priority groups for this round of funding.
Funding is only available for project delivery for 14-19 year olds in the following geographic areas:
- Forest of Dean
In addition to the requirements above, Satellite Clubs should also focus on at least one of the following under-represented groups in sport and physical activity:
- Disabled People
- Young People at Risk of or with Mental Health Conditions
- Colleges/6th Form Students
- Disadvantaged Communities
Please contact Sarah Haden-Godwin on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your project initially. Further information and the application form can be found on our website: http://www.activegloucestershire.org/funding/available-funding/satellite-clubs.php
The first round of applications will close at 5pm on Friday 8th December but can be submitted at any time.