New Course - Project evaluation for the voluntary sector
Why do we evaluate existing practice, new initiatives and interventions? Why is it important and what are the benefits? How do we plan an evaluation?
Aims of the workshop
This interactive workshop aims to generate discussion and provide answers to these and other questions about getting started with evaluation of the work undertaken in your voluntary sector team. After attending the workshop it is expected that you will:
- Understand the benefits and opportunities of having a sound evidence base for your service
- Be aware of different approaches to designing an evaluation for a range of potential audiences
- Have developed an initial evaluation plan and road map toward evaluation that can be implemented within your organisation
- Appreciate the benefits and limitations of evaluations
- Know where to access further resources and support
Who is this workshop for?
Staff in voluntary sector organisations who are interested in:
- Evaluating existing practice to identify service outcomes
- Identifying and utilising an evidence base to shape future practice
- The role of evaluation in developing bids for funding
Participants should have an evaluation in mind that they need to carry out relating to service, initiative or innovation. There will be some pre-reading and exercises to complete before the course.
Date: 29 November 2017
Time: 9.30 - 4.00
Address: Whitefriars, Lewins Mead, Bristol, BS1 2PY