SEED FUNDING FOR ARTISTS & THEATRE COMPANIES
Theatre Gloucestershire are testing the ground for a brand new international theatre Festival – JOLT - which will take place in Gloucester in July 2014. JOLT will invite five international theatre companies to be resident in Gloucester for the month preceding the Edinburgh Festival. These companies will live, eat rehearse and perform their work in venues across Gloucester during that month.
A key part of this initiative will be the involvement of emerging local artists and theatre companies. Theatre Gloucestershire want to put Gloucestershire on the map as a place where
- international theatre companies come to work
- local theatre companies are supported, given platforms from which to show their work and access to the world's most exciting contemporary performers.
To help make this happen we are inviting the county’s youth theatre companies to apply for a small amount of seed funding to develop their work and perform it at a scratch event in April 2014. Five grants of £250 each are available.
The purpose of this initial seed funding is to:
- support companies now to start to develop new work
- start a culture of scratch performances in the county where artists take risks and share their ideas
- have a clear and confident proposition to make as part of JOLT that demonstrates there is interesting and contemporary work being made in Gloucestershire and groups that we want to support.
- identify groups who would benefit from mentoring and professional support.
How to apply:
Please send email@example.com a side of A4 outlining what work you would like to develop, how you would spend the seed funding and what ambition you have for your work.
Closing date will be 1st February 2014; if you have any questions please get in touch.