NEW BREWERY ARTS CURATORS OPEN
New Brewery Arts in Cirencester is demonstrating its commitment to creating opportunities for emerging talent and promoting innovative contemporary craft by entrusting their gallery to a new curator from January to March 2015. They are inviting individuals or groups to submit a proposal to design, plan and curate an exhibition of high quality contemporary craft that will introduce new talent, challenge ways in which existing work is presented and/or explore contemporary social themes.
How to apply
Your proposal must clearly demonstrate innovative thinking about exhibition formats. Whether relating to a solo or a group exhibition, the project must be realistic as to how craft can be displayed in the gallery using existing lighting and electric points. The selection will be made primarily on the basis of the inventiveness of the project and its curatorial boldness. But they are also interested in knowing why it is important or pivotal for your career at this particular time to curate this exhibition. Applicants may be curators and/or artists, or practitioners considering a change of career.
You will need to complete an application form which includes:
- A statement of intent
- An illustrated list of proposed artists (and/or works)
- An estimated budget
- A curriculum vitae
- A description of previous curatorial projects (if any)
- Consideration of the participation and education outcomes for the audience
- Anything else likely to shed light on the proposed project
The selection panel will include:
- Ali Russell (CEO, New Brewery Arts)
- Grace Davies (Director, Visual Arts South West)
- Hannah Brady (Participation and Exhibitions Manager, New Brewery Arts)
- Annabelle Campbell (Head of Exhibitions and Collections, Crafts Council)
- Andrew Proctor (Relationship Manager, Visual Arts, ACE South West)
Following an initial selection, the shortlisted applicants will be called on to present their proposal to the panel in person.
Follow through of the project
The successful applicant will work with the NBA team and will be supported throughout the implementation of the exhibition. New Brewery Arts will pay for administration, marketing, transport and display costs.
The selected curator will receive a sum of £500 as a fee, not to be included in the estimated budget.
See more here.
Deadline: Friday 20 June, midday
Interviews: Thursday 26 June
Winner announced: Tuesday 1 July
Exhibition: Saturday 17 January – Saturday 21 March 2015