Job: Creative Assistant, Cotswold Care
Based in Minchinhampton, Gloucestershire
Hours - 18 hours per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Salary - £8592 per annum
Cotswold Care is a registered charity providing care and support for people with cancer and other life limiting illnesses in Gloucestershire. As part of the development of our existing services, we now have a brand new opportunity for a Creative Assistant to join the Team. The post holder will develop and provide a range of creative activities that promote well being, rehabilitation and meeting the needs of patients, family or bereaved clients.
- To deliver a service that understands and meets the therapeutic needs of patients working artistically with a wide variety of different media which may include music, creative writing, painting, pottery.
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary Day Therapy team, identifying specific patient needs, contributing to the patients care plans and providing timely feedback to key worker or as part of the patient review meetings.
- To support students and volunteers involved in creative activities.
- To respond sensitively and empathetically to patient’s needs and feedback appropriately to the multidisciplinary team and to act as a key worker.
- -The successful candidate is likely to have considerable experience of working artistically and therapeutically ideally with people with health needs, including palliative care needs or long term conditions. A degree in Creative Therapy or equivalent is desirable or experience of working artistically and therapeutically in a creative assistant / therapist role.
This role is subject to checks from the Disclosure Barring Service. If you would like further information or wish to arrange a visit to the Hospice please contact our Day Therapy Lead.
For a Job Application pack
Visit our website at www.cotswoldcare.org.uk or
Call 01453 733705
Or email email@example.com
Closing date : Thursday 22 January 2015
Cotswold Care Hospice is an Equal Opportunities employer and values Diversity.
No CVs please