Be part of a new action learning set for Gloucestershire's arts + cultural sector
- Are you an independent artist or producer or do you work in or for an arts or cultural organisation?
- Is it hard to find time to develop your ideas and think through solutions to the complex challenges you face?
- Would it help to reflect on professional issues with people who can assist you to work out your own approach and encourage you to take action?
- Would you like to be part of an inspiring professional development network in Gloucestershire?
We are recruiting up to 10 people to join a pilot Action Learning set in Gloucestershire (location tbc). Successful applicants will receive a fully-funded place in the Action Learning set. If you’re interested and can commit 6 days between June 2015 and February 2016 read on….
Joining an action learning set will:
- Help you to step outside of your day-to-day pressures, enabling you to reflect and view your work from a fresh perspective.
- Give you the opportunity to develop ideas, see connections and hear about others’ experiences across the region.
- Involve active listening, questioning and sharing feedback. The set will challenge and support you to identify your own creative solutions to take away and act on.
- Give you an understanding of other practices, roles and organisations.
- Help you and/or your organisation to build networks and partnerships across different parts of the sector and beyond.
The set will be facilitated by an experienced Action Learning Facilitator who will support your development over 10 months.
Who we want to join us:
We are looking for up to 10 professionals – independent artists and producers, employees of arts organisations, museums, libraries and music education hubs who want to be part of a committed peer support group. The initial group will be for people who have at least 5 years’ experience in the arts and cultural sector, and primarily live/work in Gloucestershire. Are you one of them?
Our aims for the Action Learning Set and eventual network.
One of our priorities for the next two years is to grow a pool of extraordinary and diverse artists and independent producers in Gloucestershire. This is vital to all our manifesto aims, which you can read about here.
CG is addressing this need through a combination of training, bespoke and peer support, aimed at sharing practice and learning. One strand of this is the development of action learning sets across the county, starting with 1 set in 2015. This will be developed further in 2016, with the possibility of a two additional sets, pending evaluation of year 1.
Our ambition is that the sets will give professionals working in the arts and cultural sector a chance to work beyond their usual art form or geographical boundaries, to gain a better understanding of other ways of working and to develop connections and relationships across the sector.
As we expect demand to be high, individuals will be selected by application. The application deadline is Tuesday 5th May at 5pm.
Download a full information sheet about the Action Learning pilot here.
Download an application form here.
Please note, the introductory day is now planned to take place in mid-June rather than late May as originally advertised.
If you have any queries please contact Mel Scaffold at email@example.com