Open call to artists for Scratch seed funding - Strike A Light
Strike A Light are working to support and develop the exciting energy and vision of artists making live performance in Gloucester.
We are looking for artists based in the county to take part in Strike A Light Festival Autumn 2015. We will offer four Gloucestershire-based companies seed funding to develop a new idea for presentation, some producer support and a platform to show the work.
Some things to think about:
- We are interested in performance that is contemporary, exciting and of the highest quality and has the potential to develop into a finished piece.
- This process is to develop new work, so the performance should not have had significant public exposure prior to its Gloucester presentation.
What we can offer each company:
- £200 seed funding
- Mentoring with Strike A Light Producers
- Inclusion in the Scratch Night at the Strike A Light Festival, Sunday 11 October 2015
If you have a piece in development or a new idea you would like to share, please get in touch.
Send us a CV and a side of A4 outlining:
- What your performance would be
- How you would spend the seed funding
- Who you will work with
- What your professional aspirations are and how being part of Strike A Light Festival will help you achieve them.
Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 July 5pm
Successful applicants will be notified by 17 July
(Please note, submissions received after the deadline will not be considered).
If you have any further questions, please check the FAQ's below. If you can’t find the answer there, please email your question to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
With best wishes,
The Strike A Light Festival Team
Q: I’m not Gloucestershire based. Can I still apply?
A: No, not this time. With this call we are concentrating on Gloucestershire based companies and artists.
Q: What does “Gloucestershire based” mean?
A: The applicant has to be living in Gloucestershire or carry out the majority of their work in the county.
Q: Can I send supporting material alongside my proposal?
A: You do not need to send us anything other than your CV, proposal and budget. Please do NOT send us DVDs of your work – we will not have the time to look through these.
Q: Do I have to apply with a written proposal or can I use an alternative format?
A: In order to keep the selection as fair as possible, we would like all applicants to submit a written proposal. If you have a disability which makes this difficult, please get in touch with us so we can agree a suitable alternative.
Q: What can I spend the seed funding on?
A: Artists fees, rehearsal space, materials for example.
Q: How long should the Scratch presentation be?
A: 10 – 20 minutes in total.