Job: Strike A Light seeks Community Dance Practitioner
Marketing Gloucester and Strike A Light are look for 2 Community Dance Practitioners to work with Avant Garde Dance to deliver a large scale, site specific community dance event to support the Rugby Celebrations in Gloucester Fanzone.
The Practitioners will deliver the community engagement programme, supported by Avant Garde Dance, leading up to this large scale and high profile event with 200 community dancers of all ages.
We will be working with participants from a non dance background including local families, police, University Womens Rugby team and will create a unique 3-5 minute performance in the Fanzone that will give a spectacular flashmob like moment. London based Avant Garde Dance will be responsible for the artistic direction of the performance.
A viral film will be made to broaden access which will teach a short motif to those not able to be in a group but who wish to participate on the day from the audience.
Practitioners will teach the local participants the agreed choreography in weekly twilight and evening sessions, be responsible for their group sessions, support the groups in en masse rehearsals and perform on the day with them.
Fixed fee of £1,500.
The fees include:
- 3 days development/creation with Avant Garde Dance 17th - 19th Aug 11am – 6pm
- 19th August film a motif
- Each Practitioner will deliver to four groups.
- Each practitioner will deliver 4 x 1hour session per week for 5 weeks timetable TBC
- In week 3 Avant Garde Dance will visit each group to support your delivery
- Intensive weekend Residency with Avant Garde Dance 3rd & 4th October times tbc. Each day 100 dancers will be brought together to rehearse for the first time as a larger collective.
- Tech 9th Oct 2 hours 5 - 7pm
- Dress & Performance 10th Oct 11am - 1.30pm
- A professional qualification in dance
- 3 years minimum dance teaching experience
- Excellent personal dance skills – the ability to teach several styles would be helpful
- DBS checked
- Ideally Gloucester based
- ·Can easily travel around Gloucester to teach groups on evenings/weekends (over 5 weeks)
- Experience of delivering to non-dancers
- Experience of teaching to all ages
- An interest in hip hop/contemporary
- Interested in community dance
- Please send a CV and short covering letter saying why you want to apply to:
by 7th August 2015
Project supported by University of Gloucestershire and Gdance