BBC Children in Need Main Grant Programme (UK)
The next closing date for applications to the BBC Children in Need Main Grants programme is the 15th September 2016.
Grants of over £10,000 per project are available to not for profit organisations that work with young people who are experiencing disadvantage through:
· Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
· Any kind of disability
· Behavioural or psychological difficulties
· And / or living in poverty or situations of deprivation.
Schools can also apply for funding but the project must be additional to their statutory duties.
Examples of projects that recently received funding include:
· St Joseph’s School and Community Steering Group, which received a grant of £61,480 to provide an after school and holiday clubs to engage disadvantaged young people living in Workington in physical and healthy living activity.
· Cumbria Law Centre which received a grant of £88,263 to provide a full time worker for a young people's drop in centre, offering specialist social welfare advice to young people and vulnerable parents.
Read more at: