Woodward Charitable Trust (UK)
The Woodward Charitable Trust, which is one of the Sainsbury Family Charitable Trusts has announced that it General Grant making programme is open for applications. Applications are welcomed from UK registered charities working addressing a wide range of social issues.
· Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour
· Projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders
· Disadvantaged women, covering refuges, domestic violence and parenting; disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically disabled or learning disabled
· Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people
· Projects that promote integration and community cohesion amongst minority groups, including refugees and travellers.
The fund offers grants of up to £5,000 through their small grants scheme and grants of over £5,000 through their large grants scheme. Grants awarded in the past have included a grant to SHARP (Support Help and Advice for Relatives of Prisoners) to help fund a helpline and a grant towards the running costs of a cyber café for disabled users.
The closing date for applications is the 31st July 2016. Read more at:http://woodwardcharitabletrust.org.uk/general_applications/