Perinatal Mental Health – Cheltenham ‘Heads Up’ Arts Trail
- To co-produce a public art piece as part of the Cheltenham ‘Heads Up’ Arts Trail in relation to Perinatal Health with women from the Cheltenham area.
- To gather views and ideas from women about perinatal mental health to tackle stigma and discrimination through the display of an arts piece.
- To work with women at the grass roots level in Cheltenham to create this piece of art.
- To liaise with Cheltenham Borough Council on the arrangements of including the arts piece within the ‘Heads Up’ Community Arts Trail.
- To liaise with Gloucestershire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group on the stages of the project through provision of an outline plan.
Funding allocation for this project is £999 to include:
- Room Hire or crèche time to work with community groups.
- Artist’s Preparatory Time.
- Artist’s Travel Time.
- Artist’s Materials.
- Artist’s Delivery Time for group work sessions.
- Artist’s time towards the creation of the final arts piece.
- Artist’s liaison time with Cheltenham Borough Counciland Gloucestershire NHS Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Materials for group work sessions to prepare, explore and contribute towards the ideas and design of the Arts piece.
- Any refreshments for Arts Group.
- The artist should have significant experience of working with community groups and able to work with people of all different backgrounds.
- The artist should have experience of dealing with emotionally sensitive issues, and be able to be empathic and supportive towards individuals sharing their personal stories.
- By the 31st of January 2017 - Artist to be identified and selected – January 2017.
- By the 31st of March 2017 - Preparatory arrangements between artist and Cheltenham community group – plan to be submitted to NHS Clinical Commissioning Group and Cheltenham Borough Council.
- By 31st May 2017 - Conduct Group sessions with women from Cheltenham and produce a Public Arts piece to increase awareness of perinatal mental health and tackle stigma and discrimination slinked to mental health issues relating to pregnancy and childbirth.
- By June 2017 – liaise with Cheltenham Borough Council around the display of the Arts piece as part of the ‘Heads Up’ Community Arts Trail.