Creative Mothers Call Out, Art of Libraries - Gloucester Library
Creative Mothers is an initiative between Art of Libraries and artist Lizzie Philps, supported by Procreate and inspired by the Mother House Studio to explore and diversify understandings of mother, landscape and place.
We are inviting 5 creative’s to trial a new way of working in Gloucester, with a view to developing sustainable networks of mother/artist/practitioners within the area.
Over two days, we will be using simple techniques to walk and map the city for and with each other, sharing words, places and observations. We will explore high tech tools in a low key way, and work towards ways of exhibiting our explorations as artworks within Gloucester library.
The workshops will be baby-friendly, with child-care and support provided. Dates are 15th and 16th February, with exhibition in Gloucester Library on the 17th February.
Lizzie's arts practice has been enhanced by her experience of mothering and maternal identities. Her recent project, GPS Embroidery, mirrors the to and fro of the embroidery needle but scrawls large on the land, extending the possibilities of who-writes-what-where in.
- You are interested in developing networks, skills and working collaboratively
- Your child/children are 5 and under and are able to move around the city with child/children either in sling/pushchair or walking
- You ideally live in or around the Gloucestershire area - we are keen to encourage creative’s living in Gloucester City
- You will commit from 10am – 3pm with scheduled lunch and breaks on the 15th and 16th February
- You will assist with the exhibition on the 16th and be present at the opening on the 17th February
- Your child/children will be looked after at the library by a professional care provider on the 15th and 16th February
Send your contact details and complete a statement outlining your suitability for the project and what you hope to gain from this experience in not more than 300 words to Hannah Brady, by email to: email@example.com
Closing date is 12pm, Tuesday 30th January.