The Music Works - Opportunity for Digital Marketing Officer - P/T role
Could you help us to communicate our work in transforming lives through music?Are you looking for one of the most exciting communications roles in the South West?
We’re looking for a digital marketing officer:
Days: Part-time - 15 hours a week (although as a rapidly-growing organisation, there may be potential to increase)
Salary: £22,500 pro rata per annum plus pension.
Apply by: Thurs 22 November
How to apply:
Send a covering letter, your CV and samples of/links to relevant work, and names and contact details of two referees to: email@example.com.
Your letter is an important part of the recruitment process because it will show us how well you can sell yourself – if you don’t send a covering letter, your application will not pass through to the next stage.
Interviews: Gloucester late November/early December
Start: Early January or before
You’ll be a creative, communicative and enthusiastic person with experience of all aspects of digital marketing and some aspects of wider communications.
About the role
You’ll work with team members – particularly the two Directors (Education, Community), CEO, our two studio managers and team of music leaders, as well as young people – to reach and engage our audiences, communicate our impact, and sell our services and opportunities. Our audiences are:
· young people
· schoolteachers and others working with young people
· funders, commissioners of services (eg local authority departments, other agencies) and other supporters
Your role will be to:
· Keep our website up to date (activities and services, news and case studies/stories)
· Send out regular enewsletters and manage our contacts tools
· Manage our social media channels, working with key members of staff to share news, stories and engaging content
· Coordinate other marketing activities – print distribution and mailouts, press/media/online listings activities, attendance at conferences and events
· Source (from the team/customers) and create communications assets – visual, written, video, audio, and manage associated tools and systems
· Work with the team to develop campaigns as appropriate
· Support the team in the production of communications such as PowerPoint presentations, handouts
· Develop relationships with the press and media and keep them informed
· Network face-to-face with key individuals and groups, develop positive relationships on our behalf
· Contribute to funding applications and evaluation reports
· Act as ‘brand guardian’ - being responsible for ensuring a consistent and appealing brand presence, and consistency of messaging
· Monitor and report on activities so we can ensure they’re effective and achieving our goals
· Carry out any other duties as required
The role will be home-based currently, but with travel across Gloucestershire.
The Music Works is a Gloucestershire charity that transforms lives through music. We work with a wide range of young people: from those facing barriers to making music, to the most exciting emerging artists at the start of their careers.
We’re specialists in working with young people in challenging circumstances to help them reach their full potential in music, in learning and in life. We work with around 3,000 young people a year in schools, Alternative Provision Schools, Hospital Education, community settingsand our three community studios/rehearsal spaces in Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Forest of Dean. We specialise in bands, music technology and production, singing and songwriting, rap and beatboxing.
We’re funded by a range of charities and government bodies including Make Music Gloucestershire and Youth Music.