Creative Futures - opportunity for 16-25 year olds, Creative Youth Network
Creative Youth Network are looking for 5 young people to take part in a paid 6 month opportunity to set yourself up as a freelancer, make and show your own work and get mentoring.
- Studio space
- Professional mentoring
- Work placements/professional experience
- Money to make new work
- Showcase opportunities of new work
- Professional business support
- Help setting yourself up as a freelance practitioner
- 8 hours a week of paid work as a freelancer at Creative Youth Network to plan and run workshops for other young people
What we are looking for
We are looking for five young artists, musicians, dancers, choreographers, performers, writers, designers… basically anyone with a creative vision, idea and passion. You should be committed and motivated at the start of your creative profession and career. With a drive and passion for making new work and developing yourself but you may not have had the opportunity to do so before.
Open to anyone aged: 16–25 years
Deadline for applications: 5pm, Tuesday 5th June 2018
Interview: 11am–3pm, Monday 11th 2018
Project start: Monday 2nd July 2018
End of Project: Friday 11th January 2019
Where: The Station, Silver Street, Bristol, BS1 2AG
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 01179477948
Want to find out more before applying?
Come into The Station any Friday morning and meet someone from the team.
Ready to apply?
Answer these questions:
- Introduce yourself – tell us your name, where you live and your age.
- Tell us about your creativity – what art form do you work in?
- Why would you like to be part of the project?
- What could you bring to the freelance role of working with young people?
- If you were given £200 to spend on making a new piece of work what would you make?
- Contact details
- Also include an example of your work
You can do this by:
- Filling in an online application at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQZaGW_MEFsv2aaaMCwBE_BoXMAFOc-scUJOK7t0bOYRT_gA/viewform
- Email us at email@example.com
- Send a voice recording or video to firstname.lastname@example.org