Community Engagement Producer for ‘City Voices’ Strand of Gloucester History Festival
Gloucester History Trust (GHT) wishes to appoint an experienced Community Engagement Producer to deliver the following areas of work:
• Supported by the City Voices trustee, to curate and plan an engaging City Voices Programme as part of Gloucester History Festival over the next three years
• To work with and engage diverse local communities, as both participants and audiences, to develop ground-breaking heritage projects and activities which challenge pre-conceptions around what “history” and “heritage” mean to them
• To test and develop ambitious projects and activities that tell stories using a range of talks, performance, digital media and other platforms appropriate to the Festival, to engage these communities in history and heritage
• To work with the History Festival Fundraiser to embed these projects into compelling fundraising bids
• To draw up and manage budget and evaluation plans as necessary for the next three years
• To give regular updates to City Voices Trustee, History Festival Fundraiser, Gloucester History Festival and Gloucester Heritage Forum.
2. Experience, skills and knowledge
• Proven track record in developing and producing cultural or heritage community projects
• Proven track record of successful working with volunteers and a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience of meaningful consultation and engagement with a diverse range of community groups
• Experience and strong enthusiasm for working with a varied range of art forms and innovative means to realise ideas
• Good organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Experience of putting together and managing project budgets
• Enthusiasm for Gloucester’s history and heritage
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude, including a flexible approach to developing and delivering the job
• Knowledge of Gloucester and its communities
• Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, history and the power of connecting communities through celebration of our heritage.
• Language skills relevant to Gloucester’s diverse communities
Hours: Times to be agreed in discussion with the City Voices Trustee as required by the role. The work is likely to take in the region of 2.5 days a week. There is likely to be some weekend and evening work required, for example attendance at Gloucester History Festival.
This is a fixed term contract for a period of 6 months, running (ideally) from end of March-October 2019. The contract may continue after this point, depending on progress and funding.
There is a maximum budget allocation of £9000 for this work, including all travel and expenses.
Please send a CV along with an Expression of Interest (maximum 2 sides of A4) to include the following information:
• Approach to the work
• Relevant Experience
• Full qualifications
• Methodology, milestones
• Two referees and 2 examples of previous relevant work
7. Further information
For further information, please contact Heather Forbes (City Voices Trustee)
email@example.com 01452 425299
Closing date: 12 noon on Tuesday 12 March 2019
Please submit your tender response to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Wednesday 20 March 2019