The Sub Rooms Trustee opportunities
The Trustees wish to invite applications for additional trustees to join their team and are especially looking for people with real passion in this sector to help to ensure The Sub Rooms vibrancy and success in the future. The trustees are currently looking for candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following areas: Finance, HR, Marketing and PR.
Becoming a trustee is a rewarding role for highly motivated individuals. You would be involved in setting the future direction of The Sub Rooms and would have the satisfaction of knowing you were playing a significant part in enhancing the offering for local people as well as attracting further visitors to the area.
These are leadership roles as trustees oversee how the business is run and are responsible for the general control and management of the administration of the trust. Being a trustee is an opportunity for anyone with an interest in performing arts to broaden their skill sets, regardless of age. The payback can be immense in terms of skills development, networking, and a huge sense of satisfaction and achievement from knowing you are contributing to the running of a significant Stroud arts and music venue.
Please note, there will be further opportunities to volunteer in the future for those that do not have the time or desire to commit at trustee level. To register your interest on the Sub Rooms volunteering program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust will make decisions about the running of the business and the direction The Sub Rooms takes as a cultural hub for the people who live in, work in and visit Stroud town.
The responsibilities and qualifications required for the 3 trustee positions are given below.
1. FINANCE TRUSTEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To assist the strategic development of a growing organisation and provide financial oversight.
• Ensure that the Trust’s finances are responsibly managed.
• Advise on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plans and oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process.
• Lead the Trust’s duty to ensure proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are controlled, invested and economically spent in line with governance, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Oversee the financial planning and budgeting process
• Assist in the development and implementation of financial reserves, cost management and investment policies.
The ideal volunteer will understand charity finances and be a qualified accountant or someone with strong financial management skills.
2. HR TRUSTEE RESPONSIBILITIES
• To assist in the current and future strategic development of a growing arts organisation and review and recommend resourcing, training, development and annual budgets to the Trustee Board.
• To play an active role in the contribution of policy setting, TUPE and change management together with goal and target setting and evaluate performance against targets, budgets, plans and charitable objectives.
• To ensure that HR/ employment law issue are implemented contextually and are in keeping with changing legal requirements and best practice.
• To devise and strategically drive a volunteer management programme for the company.
• To commit to ensuring the highest standards of governance in policies and practice related to employee relations, recruitment, retention, performance, reward and recognition in both staff and trustee development.
The ideal volunteer will understand HR and employment law issues and possess a strong HR background (CIPD membership) together with a sound independent judgement and the ability to think creatively. Arts sector experience is desirable but not essential.
3. MARKETING AND PR RESPONSIBILITIES
• To provide a marketing and PR oversight into the strategic development of a growing organisation
• Advise on the development and steer the implementation of the marketing strategy, incorporating audience development initiatives
• Champion the Subscription Rooms brand and ensure that it is represented at all levels of the organisation
• Oversee the continued development of a digital marketing and communications strategy for the organisation
• To steer the development of key market sectors including Groups, Family and Education.
• Assist in the development of the on-going marketing and PR for both Subscription Rooms productions and co- productions with partner companies.
• Guide the process of evaluating the performance of the marketing team with key performance indicators in the Sub Rooms and relevant funding plans.
• Oversee marketing and PR spend for the Subscription Rooms with relevant teams and within the context of the marketing and Press budgets.
Our Marketing and PR Trustee Guru will be brimming with ideas to help engage diverse communities and bolster the arts repertoire to ensure the vibrancy and success in the future of the organisation. With a strong interest or background in all round media and marketing campaigns including social media and digital marketing you will show a commitment to the cause, strong strategic and direction skills, good governance and be outspoken.
To apply for either of these opportunities please submit a letter (up to two sides of A4) expressing your interest in the role of Trustee and a CV demonstrating relevant skills and experience via email to email@example.com or post to Stroud Subscription Rooms Trust, 58 London Road, Stroud, Gloucestershire GL5 2AD.
For more info please go to https://stroudtown.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/Subs-Trust-Application-Pack-OCT-2018.pdf
Short listed candidates will be invited to attend an interview at a date to be agreed.