Going the Extra Mile (GEM)
The GEM Project aims to engage with and support individuals within Gloucestershire who are currently dealing with circumstances that are potentially causing barriers to work and move these people closer towards education, training, volunteering or work, including self-employment.
Create Glos is one of 8 Business Sector Leads, to help focus on the early identification of future employment opportunities across Gloucestershire.
At the end of the first year of the programme:
- 500+ participants into the GEM programme
- 81 moved into employment / self-employment
- 150 into volunteering or work experience
- 58 gained a qualification
- 173 undertaking FE / training
- 20 supported into self-employment or start-up businesses (this includes those who have received business start-up support from GEL or Coop Futures, so not necessarily up and running as yet).
- 119 practice interviews
Have a look at this inspiring film - Changing Landscapes art exhibition with the GEM Project about https://vimeo.com/243557916
Jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund.
For more info on how you can get involved as an individiual or employer, visit: http://www.glosgem.org